- Are you ashamed of going in public because of your acne scars?
- Are you losing your friends because of low self esteem and decreasing confidence?
- Are you called by names in school or office because of the acne marks?
- Do you feel your beauty and glamour is being affected by your skin issues?
If your acne is affecting you so bad, it is high time to seek treatment for your acne scars. Acne is a fairly common skin problem that most of us go through at some point in our lives. Although, most of us are very proactive against acne, but same people often take month to realize if they actually need acne scar treatment.
When acne gets healed it leaves scars on the skin which unlike acne may be temporary or permanent. This article will help you that how can you get rid of acne scars. Further it will also help you to know that how you can avoid acne scars.
What causes acne scars?
Acne vulgaris is the primary cause of acne scarring. Among the adolescents this is the most common skin problem. Acne scarring is rather a long term problem unlike acne which in most cases is a short term problem. Let us begin with different stages of acne scars and then we will get into the details of treatment of acne scar.
Stages of acne scars:
Acne scar have different types and stages. There are different treatment options available for every type and stage. Main stages of acne scars are:
- Atrophic Acne Scars: It is the most common type of acne scarring. Early treatment of acne vulgaris is the best option to avoid acne scars. In order to avoid acne, besides treatment modalities, dietary modification and life-style changes play an important role.
- Keloidal Acne Scars: This kind of scars are usually itchy but very firm. The scarring occurs because of overgrowing of tissue and the size of the scar is bigger than the actual pimple. Genetic tendency also plays an important role in the development of scars. If you have a tendency to develop keloid (that is because of hereditary issues in Collagen genes), avoidance of acne is the only therapy besides surgery.
- Hypertrophic Acne Scars: These are the raised scars originate from the pimples. They mostly are of the same size as of acne but the size reduces with the time.
Hypertrophic acne scar is the most common clinical acne scarring that is reported to clinics. The treatment modality is mostly interventional due to deeper tissue damage. Treatment decision is made by grading the severity of acne.
Grade 1: Macular: These scars are not usually easily visible. They appear when the skin changes its color. Grade 1 scars can be treated through laser treatment, peeling, pigment transfer treatment or tropical laser treatment.
Grade 2: Mild: Such scars can easily be disguised through facial hair or make-up. These scars shows good result when treated with laser. Punch excision is the other option for treatment for mild acne scars which is a skin rolling procedure.
Grade 3: Moderate: They little bit more prominent than Mild scars and it is difficult to disguise them by make up or facial hair. Manual Skin stretching can make these scars disappear. These scars can be taken care with chemical peeling, resurfacing techniques or by surgery.
Grade 4: Severe: These scars cannot be disguised through facial hair or make-up at all.
These scars are difficult to be treated and different combinations of therapy are used to take care of these.If you are looking for the most effective scar treatment than laser treatment is the one. It will take a few sessions and you will completely get rid of acne scars. You can also use Acne scar creams, on a daily basis, these will not solve sever conditions, but may be effective, as long as you use the best Acne scar cream constantly and according to the instructions.